Weird window glitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose 3406

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So on thursday i put a new rust free door from a 97 burb c1500. It fixed alot of problems on the drivers side, but now the passenger window will not roll down no matter which switch i use. Anybody have any ideas as to what is causing this?

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sounds like the master switch went bad try swapping it

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couple of questions...

Did the Suburban door go onto another four door truck or did it go into a two door and you swapped over all of the switches?

If it's on a two door, you probably have either a short or a bad master window switch.

The window switches are hot and close the circuit when pressed to send voltage to a window motor.

So somehow voltage is getting to the right window when the left window is actuated. Look for the tan wire leaving the master switch, see if it is pinched and touching the dark blue wire feeding the driver side window motor.

Or, less likely, the connector at the master switch is reversed.

Otherwise, I would probably just get a new master switch.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goose 3406

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple of questions...

Did the Suburban door go onto another four door truck or did it go into a two door and you swapped over all of the switches?

If it's on a two door, you probably have either a short or a bad master window switch.

The window switches are hot and close the circuit when pressed to send voltage to a window motor.

So somehow voltage is getting to the right window when the left window is actuated. Look for the tan wire leaving the master switch, see if it is pinched and touching the dark blue wire feeding the driver side window motor.

Or, less likely, the connector at the master switch is reversed.

Otherwise, I would probably just get a new master switch.

You must be registered for see images attach

It went onto a 2 door extended cab. I tried swapping the switches over but when i did neither of my windows rolled down. Should i attempt putting the wiring harness from my old door into my new door? Would that help?

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It went onto a 2 door extended cab. I tried swapping the switches over but when i did neither of my windows rolled down. Should i attempt putting the wiring harness from my old door into my new door? Would that help?
yes switch the harness

Goose 3406

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes switch the harness

Ok is it gonna be possible for me to do it without gutting the entire door? Cause i already did that to the old door to get the harness out and it was a major pain and i really dont wanna do it again.

Goose 3406

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i am considering attempting to swap out my door wiring harness this weekend to rectify the issue because my ol lady is tired of having a non functioning window. Can anybody give me some helpful tips/tricks/recommendations before i tackle this? I would greatly appreciate it because i dont really feel like messin up my new door already.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ideally, you would just use the door shell from the Suburban, swapping its door panel switches with yours and feeding your existing wiring into the door.

Is that not what you did already?

Goose 3406

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ideally, you would just use the door shell from the Suburban, swapping its door panel switches with yours and feeding your existing wiring into the door.

Is that not what you did already?

No i have not put my origginal wiring or switches into it. I am thinking about maybe doin that tomorrow if its not to much of a pain to do, id rather not start tomorrow and still have my door ripped apart when i go to work monday mornin

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To just plug the door harness and stick it in the panel shouldn't take you any more then 30 minutes i just fully removed 2 door harnesses at the junkyard with panels on and everything in about 10 minutes, I obviously haven't stuck them back in yet but it's like 5 clips 7 or 8 plugs, prolly 10 screws and 1 10mm bolt just keep in mind when you pull the inner door skin your window will come
Down a bit so don't have your hand in there at that point because, that's what holds your window in place.