Water system problems...please help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
If you're running dexcool in a non sealed system it will do that.

Dexcool doesn't play well with air/oxygen.

Even a weak rad cap will do that with dex, although what you've got going on there looks pretty extreme.

No, I am not bashing Dex, I use it in my truck. Works perfect.

RynoHarris

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It gets this extreme not long after I flush it every time. I looks fine for a few months then gets like this everytime

Sent from my HTC One X

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Check your intake manifold gaskets. I have seen quite a few GM trucks and cars do that. All had Dexcool in them. Most end up being leaking intakes.

Dexcool is good stuff as long as you maintain it. No leaks or mix of regular coolant.

Best thing I use to clean that is from NAPA, Sorry don't remember the name of it, but any NAPA store should have it. Smells like battery acid, but run that for a half hour and then drain it, take the hoses off and flush fresh water through everything for a while, start the motor for a minute periodically, until it comes out clear. Heater core, Radiator and block.

Hope this helps

RynoHarris

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I sure appreciate all your replies. I will try to find that stuff from Napa this weekend and get this done. Or try at least. I will post back when I do and let y'all know. Could be until next weekend until it gets done though

Sent from my HTC One X