Water Pump Pulley On Which Engines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GShelton

Reaction score
I have a 1998 with a 7.4L (454) that needs a water pump pulley. They are still available new, but they are, what I feel is, ridiculously priced.

I am curious if anyone knows and confirm what other motors use the same pulley.

The pulley I am curious about is the smooth face, reverse direction, with the small center hole as seen in the attached photos. GM Part No.:10085760 replaced by 19418445

If anyone can help confirm what other engine I might be able to find one on, it might make the junk yard search easier.

Thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Yes I found them to be quite expensive too. Mine is a little worn and I was thinking of replacing it when I did the pump last, but needed up just repainting it.

Does the 350 use the same one by any chance? If so it should be dirt cheap at the salvage yard.

What's wrong with your original?

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you want a big detailed list, call your local GM parts department with the PN 19418445 and they should be able to print off a list of what it fits. I typed that number in on GM Parts Online and got this below in the screenshot. It doesn't specify years but it will give you an idea of what to look for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

GShelton

Reaction score
What's wrong with your original?

It was hit by an excavator. It broke the front of the water pump off and the pulley was missing when I got it.

If you want a big detailed list, call your local GM parts department with the PN 19418445 and they should be able to print off a list of what it fits. I typed that number in on GM Parts Online and got this below in the screenshot. It doesn't specify years but it will give you an idea of what to look for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That is very helpful! Thank you. I seem to only find the ones with the large hole in the middle. But this should help.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Oddly enough, it did not touch anything else on the engine other than snapping off the water pump. (ON the engine. LOL! The radiator, etc.. is destroyed.)
That's a 400 series truck for you! Our first 99 Burb was still running after getting the front end half knocked off. Radiator was wrapped around the fan and water pump LOL. Pissing oil and deathcool out all over the street.....but running until the fire department shut the key off.