Wanting to throw the original radio back in my truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went back with a factory stereo and added a $25 bluetooth FM modulator. Besides letting me use Spotify from my phone I can take calls through it. It has a mic on it and the caller comes through on the speakers. I made an L bracket to mount it under the climate control where it is handy to get to.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Fireball5657

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I couldn't find an original radio in the local junkyards, so I ordered one on eBay and it should be in by Friday of next week, I also ordered a cassette to bt adapter until I can save the money to buy a retrofitted CDM. I paid about 75$ for a set that has the head unit, cassette deck, and the CDM. It's the version that has the 5 bar equalizer (just like what came in my truck originally) and seems to be in great shape. Thanks for all the help everyone, I'm really excited to get a radio that actually doesn't suck like all of the aftermarket ones I've had.

Though I still need to figure out how to wire up my subs, but that's a project for later.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I couldn't find an original radio in the local junkyards, so I ordered one on eBay and it should be in by Friday of next week, I also ordered a cassette to bt adapter until I can save the money to buy a retrofitted CDM. I paid about 75$ for a set that has the head unit, cassette deck, and the CDM. It's the version that has the 5 bar equalizer (just like what came in my truck originally) and seems to be in great shape. Thanks for all the help everyone, I'm really excited to get a radio that actually doesn't suck like all of the aftermarket ones I've had.

Though I still need to figure out how to wire up my subs, but that's a project for later.
While ur in there putting og radio in, do urself a favor and tap into rear speakers wires and leave taped off pigtails rolled up where u can easily access them later, then u can hook up a LOC when ur ready without tearing your dash apart.

Reaction score
So when I changed my factory radio to aftermarket I kept all the OE stuff. I don't remember why I changed it but would like to put the OE unit back in. Is there someplace that refurbishes these older units? I'm on the west coast and don't want to ship it back east somewhere.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jumping into this thread rather late but, my stock radio, cassette deck sounds awful, even after I replaced my front speakers with those $100 4x6 speakers recommended on another thread. when I use the cassette adaptor from my phone, its even worse. Plus the AM setting has a lot of static when i turn on my new LED running lights. I remember reading something about doing something under the hood with the antenna or antenna connections to clean things up? I like things stock, so I hate to replace the radio, can it be fixed by anyone?

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jumping into this thread rather late but, my stock radio, cassette deck sounds awful, even after I replaced my front speakers with those $100 4x6 speakers recommended on another thread. when I use the cassette adaptor from my phone, its even worse. Plus the AM setting has a lot of static when i turn on my new LED running lights. I remember reading something about doing something under the hood with the antenna or antenna connections to clean things up? I like things stock, so I hate to replace the radio, can it be fixed by anyone?
It’s most likely the CDU under dash unit. Mine was acting the same way. I ordered one with Bluetooth and aux added from a guy on eBay. Before I could only pickup 1 FM station. Now I get like 8 and it sounds great.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
So I see lots of questions and answers but nice white 94’ those newer stock wheels really help making it another level of nice! Stock Radios are going to have static no matter what!!! Since they are analog not digital as radio waves are now just like tv without cable. And I have the hook up that connects to stock radio harness that uses radio station 89.something I’ve forgotten. I have static also and I figured out that
“bass reducer” setting on my iPhone gives the best sound really clears up the highs as not to be muffled sounding then you just need to adjust your bass level. I’ll post pics later everyone’s on nap time here lol sorry if my post seems a little outta wack.