Want to change out steering wheel,what to do about airbag light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I would love to change out my steering wheel in my 99 Tahoe to a billet wheel. What do you guys do with the airbag light as the billet steering doesnt have an airbag.

Thanks

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Take out the bulb. My wife ends up sitting too close to the steering wheel in our truck when she drives it, so I unhooked the airbag and took out the light bulb. Problem solved.

daddy_dandy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some states (for inspection purposes) may require all warning lights to come on when the ignition is in KOEO. You can tape off the board where the Air Bag light is and wire the bulb into another one. Like your CEL, for example.

Reaction score
Some states (for inspection purposes) may require all warning lights to come on when the ignition is in KOEO. You can tape off the board where the Air Bag light is and wire the bulb into another one. Like your CEL, for example.

Yeah im in NY and I was thinking about rewiring the airbag blub or just taping the board black