Steering wheel - what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just got an email back, according to Grant themselves these wheels were discontinued about eight months ago. The bummer intensifies. :(

Regarding their online ordering and the random redirect I got, apparently their web store is run by a third party who is having issues at the moment. They're working on it.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a leather-wrapped OEM steering wheel off my 1998 Suburban that's in quite good condition. I was going to post it for sale on GMT400 sometime, and I just haven't gotten around to it.

And now... the steering wheel's not handy and I can't post a picture of it. But if anyone's interested, send me a PM. I'll be able to provide a picture on Monday Aug28.

I removed / replaced it a few years ago with one that's got "wooden" inserts, that I picked-up locally.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a steering wheel which is covered in rubber. The rubber has detached from the wheel and moves a lot as I am steering the truck. Should I replace it or is there something else I can do? Recommendations? I would like to keep the air bag in the center of the wheel.
Contact Craft Customs. Perhaps they can help.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/xxxp...let-k2500-crew-cab.56388/page-10#post-1258250

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a practically brand new grant 98 wheel, looks like i need to get my old one restored and sell the grant wheel

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got one of those foam rubber lace-on covers from the parts house, but instead of using the provided lacing, I used medium sized black zip-ties and pulled them tight. Been that way for almost 7 years and still doesn’t roll around. Full replacement is scheduled but my “temporary” fix has worked real good for me.