Waking up my tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am thinking about this for my truck, I had and under drive pulley setup on my grand prix and honestly it was probably the most bang for the buck mod i did to that car besides maybe a semi custom computer chip.

Buy mine for sale, they are brand new. As soon as mine are sold I am buying a set for my vortec year.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i fixed the fuel leak that I created trying to get the tb spacer in. My lines had no give and when i went to pry the tb back in place the housing in the injector cracked. threw a new injector pod in and connected everything without the spacer. Im going to have to make my lines flexible before I can put the tb spacer in. Other than that I have the ultimate tbi mods, salad bowl, air intake gutted, chip, and injector spacer. I am really happy with the results and on top of that i just went through the entire front end. This thing is like a new truck and with the afpr, spacer, and exhaust, it will be close to complete. I have a Taurus efan and harness now but will wait until the spring to put that in along with a 180 tstat. Ill keep this up to date as soon as I finish a few more things.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My expendable money budget is already blown this month on my 2 little girls christmas presents lol.

Yeah, I hear that, it is an expensive time of the year but tax returns are right around the corner!!!

It actually cracks me up, people are talking about gains, yet no one wants to buy these pulleys that ARE NOT underdrive and claim 10-12 REAR wheel HP gains, easy install, and they look awesome. You TBI owners are something else....!!!

I think I am going to use them as clays and then post pics.... :)

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man id take em but just dropped close to a grand on this hog. Shes done for the year

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I read the summit info you posted scmsltn on the pulleys and they say they are for a v-6. Will they work for a v-8? I found that having steel braided fuel lines helps out a lot when dealing with throttle body spacers and what not. Can't wait to hear the final results because my TBI could use more help with 37s lol

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I read the summit info you posted scmsltn on the pulleys and they say they are for a v-6. Will they work for a v-8?

Hey Solid....I dont know why the title calls out for a V-6....if you click on the "applications" on the link you will see it fits both the V8's (305 and 350). Yes, they will work for the 5.7 TBI 350...that is why I initially bought them.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
jb, didja think to unbolt the bracket on the fuel lines? I'm thinking it's either on the bellhousing or the transmission main case of your truck. If you got the 2" spacer, just unbolting that bracket will do it for you. Also, running a quarter under your regulator head will increase the bleed-off pressure on your fuel line so pressure builds a little higher before being recirculated back to the tank. Most chips for tbi engines increase the fuel flow by opening the injectors more, they also advance the timing to take up for the richer fuel settings and therefore increase power by a little bit, it's mostly a "fixer" tune....reason I say this, is because for the past 20+ years, alot of the v8's are detuned(Ford 5.0 is a perfect example)from the factory so they meet emissions and mpg expectations of buyers. The tunes for the tbi is pretty much un-detuning the engine and setting it to it's maximum potential....atleast that's the aim.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear that, it is an expensive time of the year but tax returns are right around the corner!!!

It actually cracks me up, people are talking about gains, yet no one wants to buy these pulleys that ARE NOT underdrive and claim 10-12 REAR wheel HP gains, easy install, and they look awesome. You TBI owners are something else....!!!

I think I am going to use them as clays and then post pics.... :)

You just wrote there not underdrive pulleys well mine are and they made a big difference mine are well worth what I paid for them. My dad was saying I don't think there going to give you more HP well I took him out and test drove my truck well then after I installed them it burned out all of first gear and chirped second gear and I have 10" wheels.