Waking up my tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am glad you got it all fixed Jon. just get some fuel line extensions to put the TB spacer on.

Also those pulleys posted are UD pulleys, that crank pulley in the pic is way smaller then the stocker, the is the point of UD pulleys, they are smaller so less HP needed to spin everything.

The only pulley that helps is the smaller crank pulley, the alt pulley is bigger to speed how fast the alt is spun to reduce loss on charging.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't had time to get all the way down to the bell housing to loosen up the lines but im gonna put flexible lines in this weekend hopefully because im sick of dealing with these things. Whats the best way to loosen them up anyways? My cousin has rubber tube for his lines and they are perfect. Lines tb spacer and afpr will be done this weekend then I can really give you some feedback on the gains. As of right now the truck red lines on the highway and its never even been close before my current mods. Dont know how much the ultimate tbi mods did but im sure it was minimal...took about a half hour though so why not.

My vacuum lines were all dry rotted too. one flick and half of them were broken in half. Ive never even seen lines like that on an 86 or 87 let alone a 95. I replaced all the broken vacuum lines and new IAC and it I could tell the difference right away. That IAC and egr replacement is something I recommend to everyone if it hasn't been done in a while

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why not get fuel line extensions? cheap and alot less work then braided lines.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fuel line extensions are pretty much the same thing as the adapted that threads into the injector. With my lines im going to have to losen them up anyways. Im going to cut the lines before the bend that goes down behind the intake, clamp rubber hose on that end, and cut the line right at the injector adapter, then connect the rubber hose. Two of my cousins have rubber hose for fuel lines and there trucks run flawless

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Well, that too, I was mainly referring to the engine bay heating the fuel. But the best way to shield away heat is to use heat wrap(insulated wrap), you can get it in a pre-made "toeless sock" that slides over the fuel line.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you guys really think a 4" piece of rubber hose is going to heat up the fuel or come loose? clamped down tightly I know of two trucks that have ran this stuff all the way to the filter and had no problems at all. should be ok for now

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont see why you have to replace it? did you twist the line and mess up the fitting?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you guys really think a 4" piece of rubber hose is going to heat up the fuel or come loose? clamped down tightly I know of two trucks that have ran this stuff all the way to the filter and had no problems at all. should be ok for now

There will be no problem running the rubber fuel injection hose on the low pressure of the TBI. Just double clamp for extra insurance. I used to run it from the TB to the filter at one time, then switched to compression line (its like a hard plastic), much cleaner looking and pretty cheap too.