Waking up my tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There will be no problem running the rubber fuel injection hose on the low pressure of the TBI. Just double clamp for extra insurance. I used to run it from the TB to the filter at one time, then switched to compression line (its like a hard plastic), much cleaner looking and pretty cheap too.

Thats exactly what I want to get. I need to loosen the clamp on the bell housing first to see how much play I get. Am I just sticking my hand as far down as I can to feel around for the housing? whats holding it together?

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Only reason I say no rubber hoses for fuel is because I'd rather be safe than sorry. It's like the old saying just because a friend jumps off the bridge doesn't mean you have too. Gas is potent stuff and I wouldn't want to hear anything happen to your truck because of the line

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get a flashlight and a mirror ot see what you are working with back there, it is a hold down with one 9/16" bolt and a little piece that holds both the lines, everyone who has ever done a TB spacer has done that or fuel line extensions with no issues having enough length, why is there a need for four pages of whether to use rubber hose when that is the absolute hardest fix for gettting the TB spacer on, jeesh.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Get a flashlight and a mirror ot see what you are working with back there, it is a hold down with one 9/16" bolt and a little piece that holds both the lines, everyone who has ever done a TB spacer has done that or fuel line extensions with no issues having enough length, why is there a need for four pages of whether to use rubber hose when that is the absolute hardest fix for gettting the TB spacer on, jeesh.

This, realized mine was already undone last night when I was moving the lines out of the way to make dropping in my intake manifold easier.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Amen man thats all i was lookin for

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
loosened the clamp up and boy was that a pita. it was a 9/16 nut that was fossilized on there. got everything in except for the AFPR which even all they way loosened was too much pressure for the tb. the truck would clunk and smoke a bit. I have the original one in now and it had a real rough idle when i started it in the cold this morning...didnt have that before

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No its just a little bit rough when cold. After it warms up it runs fine

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Could be you're a bit lean.....if it runs better when warm, that usually indicates that you aren't getting enough fuel during the fast-idle period. It could be other things too, that's just the first thing that comes to mind.