Waking up my tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lulz a throttle enhancer? the throttle on these trucks is cable driven, it can only open so fast.

haha...I know...it does not affect the cable! It does something electroncilly like a tune....which you have so I am surprised you asked such a funny question. I would be using these pulleys and TBI cable but I have a 1996.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update:

Did the ultimate tbi mods and salad bowl today. It is a beast on the highway now compared to stock. Gets to 90 in a hurry whereas before it took about 10 min to get to 90 haha. I tried installing my tbi spacer and fuel pressure inline but had no play in the fuel lines so they absolutely would not reach the tbi. Also after i put everything back together the idle is now lower in drive. when coming to a stop sign i feel the truck run rough and the idle drop below 500 rpm. Hopefully when i replace the iac all connections and the afpr the problem goes away

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id like to know exactly what he is doing to the tune in those memcals in order to get a claimed 10% increase in power.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha...I know...it does not affect the cable! It does something electroncilly like a tune....which you have so I am surprised you asked such a funny question. I would be using these pulleys and TBI cable but I have a 1996.

I have a chip, no tunes in TBI trucks, that little thing may truck the truck thinking that the throttle is open more then it really is which will only dump more fuel in and maybe make it feel faster.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id like to know exactly what he is doing to the tune in those memcals in order to get a claimed 10% increase in power.

That claim is prob under perfect conditions, running conditions, and the like. I do not have one of his chips but one from FastChip. I did not gain 20HP but it was enough to justify the money I spent.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That claim is prob under perfect conditions, running conditions, and the like. I do not have one of his chips but one from FastChip. I did not gain 20HP but it was enough to justify the money I spent.

I feel ya on that one. I dont think its 20hp but it brought a big enough smile to my face the first time i romped on it after the chip

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did you have to tell him all of the stuf you did to your truck. or is it just like a one chip fits all and results vary. i was going to maybe do the tbi mods and spacers and a chip if there was actually a difference in performance after all of them

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update:

Did the ultimate tbi mods and salad bowl today. It is a beast on the highway now compared to stock. Gets to 90 in a hurry whereas before it took about 10 min to get to 90 haha. I tried installing my tbi spacer and fuel pressure inline but had no play in the fuel lines so they absolutely would not reach the tbi. Also after i put everything back together the idle is now lower in drive. when coming to a stop sign i feel the truck run rough and the idle drop below 500 rpm. Hopefully when i replace the iac all connections and the afpr the problem goes away
I got he salad bowl, the spacer and the injector pod riser on mine, they make these little fuel like extentions to make it work with the lines.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I have the same pulleys on my truck it made a BIG difference you won't be sorry well worth the money. PM me once you put the pulleys on your going to like them.
I am thinking about this for my truck, I had and under drive pulley setup on my grand prix and honestly it was probably the most bang for the buck mod i did to that car besides maybe a semi custom computer chip.