Vortec Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hyperti2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So something happened with my motor and i ended up getting a great deal of coolant into the oil and it developed a pretty good rap on the drivers side so im thinking of pulling the trigger on a crate motor from summit. Seems pretty straightforward everything should be bolt right in as its the same motor. Switch over my intake and some other odds and ends and i should be good. But i had a few questions i believe i read somewhere that dexcool is hard on gaskets and plastic? Is this true, and do i have to run dexcool? I plan on disconnecting from the transmission and leaving it in the truck. Is there anything i should know before going into the swap any little tips or tricks? I plan on doing the swap with my father and uncle, they have done multiple motor swaps but those were 70's carbed trucks and there not super familiar with the newer motors. Also if anyone has any links to walkthroughs right off the top of there head that would be awesome. I just want to know exactly what im getting myself into before i start pulling the motor.

Hyperti2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hyperti2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking about it i bet the motor is going to come with a booklet telling me what i have to run for coolant to keep the warranty. Someone must of done this before, any help is appreciated.