Vortec Engine to TBI Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool piece of advice. I heard a rumor that a neighbor of mine has an old mid 70's Cadillac that fails emissions. My fantasy was to buy it and adapt a TBI on it in some fashion. Since it has to be emissions complaint, it won't be fast, but thought it would be a fun boat!

I have a tip for you there. If you use a TBI, use a distributor for a 8-6-4 368 engine. It uses the 7-pin HEI EST like the one found in a 1985-1991 Corvette that allows you to use the ECM for timing control.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Note taken! I believe the thing has the 500 inch engine in it, but I've never seen it! If the 368 architecture is the same, I don't see why the distributor wouldn't fit. The elderly neighbors had once considered selling, but it still sits. Don't think the Mrs. would approve of another project, but maybe if I paint it pink, modern wheels, and put the friendlier TBI on there...Grocery getter XL!