Vortec engine problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I had a delphi pump fail straight from the box. I did not and do not have a fuel pressure gauge... still need one. anyways if I had one I would have clued in at the beginning. it was pulsing fuel on n off. 18 months goes by and it starts absolutely chugging on off on off..... I didn't believe the FP was bad and did a bunch of other useless troubleshooting before I concluded it was the pump and put my old acdelco back in.

a fuel pressure gauge will tell you what's up with the pump, dont believe it to be good like I did. I wasted a lot of time

Al

Jwidmayer1337

Reaction score
I had a delphi pump fail straight from the box. I did not and do not have a fuel pressure gauge... still need one. anyways if I had one I would have clued in at the beginning. it was pulsing fuel on n off. 18 months goes by and it starts absolutely chugging on off on off..... I didn't believe the FP was bad and did a bunch of other useless troubleshooting before I concluded it was the pump and put my old acdelco back in.

a fuel pressure gauge will tell you what's up with the pump, dont believe it to be good like I did. I wasted a lot of time

Al
I'll see if I have a Guage. If not I'll borrow one and check it out

Jwidmayer1337

Reaction score
Update. Replaced the fuel spider and the fuel pressure regulator. Intake was covered in fuel when I pulled the plenum off. It hasn't died since so I think that was it. But now I've got a random hesitation every once in a while when driving. it hesitates for half a second then keeps going. If it's not one thing it's another

Jwidmayer1337

Reaction score
I'll check it out. It just seems odd. Never had this before I messed with the spider. Also I forgot to not that it does seem to have a,slight hesitation right off of idle. Like if I tap the pedal a tiny bit you can feel a stumble but you can't really hear it too much

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
did you test the fuel pressure? I forgot I posted above.... ya the delphi FP I had go bad showed up as kind of a hesitstion and constantly got worse. the changing of the tps solved the 95kmh hesitation but the FP was still pulsing on n off and got worse over time until the truck wouldnt move if I stomped on the gas, there just wasnt enough fuel to make it go.