Valve cover gasket opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update: These Fel-Pro #1648 cork/steel are "BY FAR" the best and user friendly. Lay right into the cover, no silly stretching or bonding to cover needed. Just barely hold onto the ends and set the covers down.

I'll spend the extra $15 over the blue rubber band ones every time. Literally took 3 min. And 2 of those 3 min was walking to the truck and popping the hood.

You must be registered for see images attach

Axeldogs

Reaction score
I just use some Indian Head on the short sides of the valve cover to hold the sling shot on. Works for me every time.

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update: These Fel-Pro #1648 cork/steel are "BY FAR" the best and user friendly. Lay right into the cover, no silly stretching or bonding to cover needed. Just barely hold onto the ends and set the covers down.

I'll spend the extra $15 over the blue rubber band ones every time. Literally took 3 min. And 2 of those 3 min was walking to the truck and popping the hood.

Thanks, glad you have it solved and thanks for showing the p/n's.... I hate it when guys come up with solutions but never help anyone else out down the line by providing part numbers !

Darrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, glad you have it solved and thanks for showing the p/n's.... I hate it when guys come up with solutions but never help anyone else out down the line by providing part numbers !
Well I hope it helps anyway ! I know there's a 1000 ways to skin a cat (sorry PETA). And I'm not out to bash a product as the gasket I used was also a Fel-Pro nor anyone's technique on installation.

I was simply looking for a user friendly gasket to a simple installation. I'll spend a few extra $$ for less mess and speed of installation.