Vacuum line deletes and diagram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
You can delete the line coming from the back of the throttle body going to the driver's side valve cover by getting a push in breather. You can also delete the EGR lines by getting an EGR block off plate. The lines going to the charcoal canister can also be deleted and the canister can be removed.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
You can delete the line coming from the back of the throttle body going to the driver's side valve cover by getting a push in breather. You can also delete the EGR lines by getting an EGR block off plate. The lines going to the charcoal canister can also be deleted and the canister can be removed.

Thanks man! ill do them when i get the engine back together. i dont think my EGR had a vac line on it.. :rofl:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

That line is not coming from the back of the throttle body; it's coming from the spacer ring between the throttle body and the air cleaner. If you remove it you need to cap the nipple on the spacer or delete the spacer. Don't remove the line that is actually from the rear of the throttle body; that's for the MAP sensor.

If you delete the cannister you really should cap the hard line that fed it so that you don't have an open source of fuel vapors (or liquid fuel if you overfill the tank) under the hood. You should also without fail, run a vented fuel cap as the factory one is NOT vented, at least not in the way that will allow pressure build-up to vent to the atmosphere.

If you delete the EGR you either should custom tune to compensate or at least dial back on the base timing a little bit, unless you like spark knock.

None of these really seem like a good idea to me, to be perfectly honest; the vacuum line setup on the TBI engine is so freaking basic the idea of removing stuff to clean it up only causes other problems and doesn't really do anything useful.

Richard

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Those lines are on there for a purpose. Richard has explained it well enough.

Removing them for looks makes no sense to me....but it's your hack. Do as you wish.

We'll keep and eye out for your next thread:

"I removed my X now my truck runs like sh...."

:rofl:

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
The only one i would get rid of is the spacer ring between the throttle body and air cleaner, other then that, leave it all.