US Shift Controller Review - In Progress! 4L60/80E Transmission, Engine Swap Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Okay, mine has one, but it looks like it threads all the way through the crossmember through the rubber mount into the tranny... i'm glad that got installed when the tranny was rebuild by the previous owner.. they had a transmission shop in STL install it too... wowzers.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
98 k2500, 6.5, 4l80e.

Crossmember:

You must be registered for see images attach

Tail support:

Most people don't know it but the transmission mount is actually the third mount in the drivetrain mounting system and equally as important as the two front mounts...

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Now mine are both 2WD which means theres gonna be a little bit different mounting but here is mine on my 1994 C3500 6.5/4L80E and my 97 C2500 454/4L80E

Heres the 6.5 's tail shaft mount, obviously the transmission is elevated about 3-4 inches and i removed the bolt that held the bushing down but it did not go all the way up through the transmission.

Heres a view from underneath, there was 1 bolt right in the middle that held the rubber bushing down but did NOT go all the way through to the transmission.

And here is my 97 C2500.. looks nothing like the 94.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Can't wait to finish this project! In the process of swapping out some lifters on the motor, looking over everything making sure its ready. Then its time to feel like this...

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
The 6.5 is rebuilt! All ready to be put in.. the only problem i ordered a throttle cable since i'm going from DBW to throttle cable and i cannot find a cable that is long enough... anyone know where i can get one?? I ordered a 31" cable thinking it would be long enough but it's not. I need one 31" from bracket to bracket on the throttle cable...

Ready to get this thing going!

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Well today i finally had a chance to continue working on the truck.. Up until now it has pretty much just sat in the driveway. I've got the motor all hooked up, it has fluids and what not so i've just got my chance to wire in the Optishift. So far everything works well, all of the wires have plenty of distance, i'm just waiting for some clips to connect the TPS Sensor.

The only thing i've run into is this harness on the DB2 that controls the fuel shut off and timing on the glow plugs. Not sure on what voltage the DB2 needs to run, i'm assuming 12 Volts. the other sensors on the pump are cruise control and cold start advance related. I plan on changing to a manual glow plug switch at some point.. probably some kind of button that i can just press when i need glow plugs, easier than a switch and something that wont accidentally get bumped.

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Yeah i thought the military had a hybrid 24/12v system. They use 24v to start the truck (starter/glowplugs) but everything else is still wired 12 volts.