US Shift Controller Review - In Progress! 4L60/80E Transmission, Engine Swap Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
The diamond eye system goes in slick as snot.

Probably the easiest system I've ever installed.

Great for egt drop when towing.

Too bad it's only aluminized steel and not stainless...

Last edited:

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Have you installed one? I was thinking about going with the diamond eye primarily for price.. straight pipe, no muffler.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Have you installed one? I was thinking about going with the diamond eye primarily for price.. straight pipe, no muffler.

Yup, been on my truck for 4 years now.

I have the stainless muffler, which is essentially straight though.

Pretty much as i mentioned, great for dropping egt compared to the stocker...

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the same DE exhaust on my truck. Easy as pie to install. It was harder to remove the factory system till I broke down and bought a sawzall. :)

Get the system with the muffler, it is straight through design and will help with the drone in the cab while driving.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
does anyone know if the 4L80E actually bolts to the transmission crossmember or does it just lay there? Mine didnt have any bolts in it, it was just resting on top of the crossmember

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Lol is it one bolt that goes through the crossmember, through the rubber bushing and into the tail of the transmission right in the middle? Last time with our 93 we left the tranny there so i dont know how its bolted, just one long bolt all the way through?