Upper corner lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
I'm gonna call my supplier and see if they make the 7-color LED boards that change colors when switched off and on again....can you imagine using them in turn signals? :cheers:

Those 7-color auto-changers are pretty neat too.

:lol: the blinker idea is pretty funny. that would cause a lot of :wtf: moments for people.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well I know this sure got off topic lately but I got me a set of lights for my corners, gonna order the new corners this week, cut off my old twist sockets to use and buy more pigtails and do this to my 88 grille.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
will do man. saw the idea from you guys and was going to order my bubls, thought, hmm gotta try it. Might do the double brake/turn mod on the tails too. I just need my pigtails and markers, gonna order the markers one day this week as for the sockets not sure.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure if they make aftermarket stock-looking tails without the circuit board type hookup, but that'd be the best route to look for, with the individual setup like:
You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice lights I like the old style as you posted better with say 1156's and 1157's and such.

As for my upper corners I ordered my pigtails from rockauto last night shipped cheaper then the local parts store, and they take money orders or personal checks, I had no idea on that part.

also ordered my lights as well, got the money order today going out tomorrow in the mail.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
ok so I performed this mod to my truck today... but I did it a little different.
I know people have mentioned how they do not like how when this mod is complete that the upper corners look different than the stock lowers. The way I did it I solved this issue. I also made it so I do not have to keep cutting and epoxying the mounting "braket" to knew upper corners (I did this because I plan on going to clears eventually and know it would also drive me insane with the uppers looking different than the lowers)

I made a mounting "plate" out of some corners I got from the junk yard

Then I took a dremel and cut a hole out of the grille shell that cleared the cuttout of the newly fabed plate

Then I placed the upper corner in place an made the same hole

Then I epoxied the mounting plate to the back side of the grill shell (It went on the back side to give me just enough clearance for the bulb inside the upper corner)

and then I test fit the bulb and socket

The way I did it if I change corners all I have to do is drill a hole that is just a little bigger than the socket. This way both corners will look the same as the stock ones

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention that they make 194 pigtails that don't require the 4-way slotted socket to "screw/twistlock" into........I've seen them for sale online, I can't remember the site, but I'll update when I find them. They were made of black rubber if I remember correctly, and they were made to plug into a perfectly circular hole. Using low profile LEDs(ceramic type), would make them clear the lens.

Yeah, they have the rubber grommet formed into the socket....I've never done this as a permanent thing because I can't stand the glass-clear look of the aftermarket lenses, I prefer the clear reflective type(like stock, but no orange tint). It's super hard to find them now though, I usually buy them the instant I find them haha.

Mobs (or anyone else) ever find the grommet type pig tails? I'm not having any luck....