Upgrades 1990 K1500 5.7L Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It says GM Original Equipment -true OE parts installed during production or validated by GM. Very few “true OE parts installed during production” are still being sold, while most are the “validated” parts that are being sourced globally. Which is why I always first try to source NOS GM parts. These truly are the original parts for our trucks.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also believe the Acdelco parts that are made in China, at least the upper echelon parts, are the higher end Chineseum parts. Don’t get me wrong, I still buy Acdelco parts. There’s this to:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we can discuss parts quality all day. There's so much garbage for sale that I find it disheartening.

HOWEVER, this does not answer the "rich" issue. Plugs can color for other reasons than being rich, and if it is rich, then the computer-controlled fueling system isn't working properly. The solution is not to add a huge throttle body and aftermarket PROM in order to get better fuel economy.

I'd be enormously happier if we could get fuel trim numbers and O2 voltage. Fuel trim to see if the computer is in lean-command as a response to being "rich", and O2 voltage to see if the exhaust oxygen actually indicates "rich" versus "lean". There are other questions I've asked in my previous post that have not been answered, too.

IF (big IF) the engine truly is running rich, SOMETHING IS WRONG and it just hasn't been identified yet. Faulty O2 sensor is fairly likely, but lots more information is needed.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Throwing aftermarket parts at a problem that hasn't been properly diagnosed is a recipe for more problems. If you just replaced the injectors, I'd be checking the o-rings in the injector pods first.