Under The Hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93k1500beast

Reaction score
Well I have a 93 and my lights act up and really won't switch from dims to brights and no cruise I'm guessing the lever any detailed fixes or changeouta I'm mechanically inclined but that's somethin I've never dug in to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

93k1500beast

Reaction score
Sorry I don't mean to hijack the thread

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
1994-older the lever has very little to directly do with high/low beam operation - it operates a remote switch via a rod inside the column. The switch is down low closer to the firewall. If your column is tilt and has slop in the tilt joint, that can cause problems, and also the switch itself can go bad.

See the blue socket - that's the high/low beam switch. If you decide to replace it, first tape the rod into place in that exposed section above the steering column bracket, so that it can't fall out of place inside the column while you have the switch loose.

If you have a loose tilt column, you need to tighten it up before it gets worse. Plenty of video how-to's on that if you search youtube.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Last edited:

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here is my engine bay nothing to special.. i colour matched the plastics and just degreased it for days.. dusty right now need to clean it up but its to cold cant get the pressure washer out to clean it up.. sorry!

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Jeez sorry, edited back to add the pic of the high beam switch - so freakin' tired I forgot while I was posting. :)

Richard

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmm. This has me thinking. I wonder if there is a way to have a longer cable on the cruise control module.

93k1500beast

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys looks like I'll dig in to it This weekend

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmm. This has me thinking. I wonder if there is a way to have a longer cable on the cruise control module.

There are some differences in the ones used depending on engine combo but I honestly haven't paid that much attention because ya know what? I have never, ever, not once...replaced a cruise unit because it was the problem. So other than installing cruise on trucks that didn't come with it, I've never had to pull one from another truck to install on a different one.

Curious, what would you use a longer cable for?

Richard

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Curious, what would you use a longer cable for?

Richard
To relocate it under the cab. When I do the LS swap on the 93 I'm going to relocate the washer bottle, radiator over flow, every bit of electrical by the fuel pump relay, battery, fill all of the holes in the firewall, hide the front wiring in the fenders, run the engine wiring down the tranny tunnel, eliminate the abs and now I want to relocate that cruise module! I'm sure there is more...

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
May could hide it somewhere in the header panel area using a vortec cruise box. Their cables are longer than the TBI versions.