Under hood Power distribution block power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vodka0tter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stupid question...

Regarding the power distribution block under the hood, what source is the 50 A fuse labeled Betty? Is that a direct feed from the batty, the main power supply?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Nope, that one goes inside to the I/P fuse panel and possibly the ignition switch. The input to the underhood fuse/relay center comes from the battery, across the top of the fan shroud and directly to the back of the fuse block, feeding all 10 Maxi-fuse and 6 micro-fuse positions.

Vodka0tter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay - thanks.

I am chasing a short down that started with the power to the ODBii showing a short in the orange power supply to it (ODB is not powering a code reader or providing power to for tune). I found ground faults in two places that show hot to hot to ground. I jump the batty leg from the power dist box to ground and get continuity and also have a problem with the AUX PWR leg inside the cab. fuse block, also grounded. I pulled the plug from the back of the cig and aux outlets and aux still shoots to ground. I did mess with the neutral safety switch when I moved from column shift to floor shift so maybe a I have a short in the column somewhere. battery also drains out pretty fast.