TYC Elegante Headlights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you might have better luck with yours. the light output it great but i dont like the shadows. I have seen some that fit perfect but mine has a gap on each side that i dont like.

Kable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i tried to take some pictures but they didnt come out good, i know the shadows are coming from the low beam bulb sheild. I adjusted them quite a bit, my buddy has some cheap ebay lights and they look alot different with the same hids as mine. Alot better light output because it doesnt have the bulb sheild. Like the stock headlights. I really expected a better fit considering what i had read about these. Looks like ill throw some stocks back on and tint the factory corner lamps and turning lamps

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man that's too bad, but at least you should have no trouble getting selling them and recouping your money.

Static 90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You paid $170 for them? I paid $132 at Stylin' Truck for mine, last month. Like I said in my earlier post, fitment is just as good as OEM. You have to play around (read move them around) some and get them straight. You might even have to elongate the mounting bracket holes some, where the bolts go thru to the core support. I had to remove/mount my grille like 4 times to get mine to where I am happy with them. You want that glare shield on the low beams with HIDs on clear housings. I don't have any shadows with mine, so I don't know you do. Like I said earlier, it might be because your lights are not as bright, being you have more blue.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When dropping an HID kit into housings designed for halogens, you are NEVER going to end up with a perfect beam pattern. Period. The lights aren't designed for them. I have Elegante headlights with 4500K DDM HIDs and wouldn't want it any other way. I have some light scatter with mine, but it's still WAY better than stock lights and better than the TYCs with halogens.

DO NOT remove the glare shield. Your stock headlights didn't have one because of the way the lenses were designed. A lot of clear headlights don't have the shields, but it's not a big deal as long as you're using stock halogen bulbs since the 9006 bulbs have a painted glare tip on them. HIDs do not have that glare tip. If you remove the glare shield in the lights, you will be causing all sorts of bad glare for other drivers, especially since you have 55w HIDs. That just makes it even worse.

I've tried all kinds of headlights and these Elegante headlights are the only ones I've ever been happy with. They fit good, look good and work good. Even quality parts have bad apples now and then, though. It's not unheard of even with the Elegantes. Your odds of finding a better replacement for them aren't too good.

Kable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats some good info, never thought about the tip on the stock bulb. I would move the lights around to try and fit them better, but i need at least a half inch on each side so they are pretty centered now.

Kable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had ranted about these headlights when i think my frustration was with the aftermarket grille. With a new OEM Grille and some OEM corners smoked and buffed, the passenger headlight fit perfect, drivers was still off so i opened the holes up a little bit and they fit perfect. The ANZO corners were junk tho.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had just bought anzo corner's for my GMC grille before I traded it off for the chevy grille, and they fit like crap, so I let them go with the grille.