turning on fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottcleaver

Reaction score
I have built a new engine for my 454SS. I have also used a Holley Sniper EFI. I have wired in the new fuel pump that came with the kit so that I can have the required 60psi the Sniper needs. I have left the factory fuel pump in the tank. Now that I have started the truck and everything seems fine I need to do something with the in tank factory pump. I would like to use it as a pusher pump up to the new Holley pump. I looked at the wire plug to the tank and found the gray, purple and a black with white stripe wire. I have grounded the black wire to the frame and when I connect a hot wire to the gray It doesn't turn on the pump. Any ideas?

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have built a new engine for my 454SS. I have also used a Holley Sniper EFI. I have wired in the new fuel pump that came with the kit so that I can have the required 60psi the Sniper needs. I have left the factory fuel pump in the tank. Now that I have started the truck and everything seems fine I need to do something with the in tank factory pump. I would like to use it as a pusher pump up to the new Holley pump. I looked at the wire plug to the tank and found the gray, purple and a black with white stripe wire. I have grounded the black wire to the frame and when I connect a hot wire to the gray It doesn't turn on the pump. Any ideas?
You're hot wiring straight to the gray wire leading to the pump and you have a good ground connection at the black/ white wire? Should work that way, check your voltage in and your resistance to ground. I'd still go through the relay to make sure the pump isn't just turning with the engine not running, but for testing purposes you should be getting pump action.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk