Turn signal wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
And I also made this a two seater and It's loud so its just me no family. and i wasnt burning bridges it seemed people were more Interested in bad mouthing the idea than helping but I appreciate all the help guys.

Two seater... its not necesserally you they are talking about, but people around you aswell. Someone rearending you with children in the car and end up in some serious whiplash and stuff to the kids... and so on. But your idea, i wont bad mouth it, look at the 99-07 Sierras, they all had amber trun signals. So doing that, can work if done properly. Then youll have to use amber light bulbs. Amber light bulbs being to bright? id fight against that one with you. ive never to seen an amber light to bright . But i think Bluex, and most other guys on here were thinking you were going to keep a white light bulb in the lense, miss understanding... since you didnt really explain what you were doing. Or if putting amber was even you original idea... Anyways, youll have that done, now you gotta put in reverse lights, where will you mount them and such... You want "cool" taillights, fine, but a big square light under your bumper qouldnt look as "cool" and clean as having it in your taillight.

Just my two sense, lets all get along, please, great site, lots of information if you explain yourself correctly and dont get offended by some peoples personal opinion.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amber lights not to bright? :rofl: Have you ever seen a set installed in a 99+ in the drls at night? They will blind the **** out of you.....

And I've known the whole time what he wants to do, I wasn't confused about light color. I still think its dumb...

Last edited:

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Amber lights not to bright? :rofl: Have you ever seen a set installed in a 99+ in the drls at night? They will blind the **** out of you.....

And I've known the whole time what he wants to do, I wasn't confused about light color. I still think its dumb...

I'm sorry, but no DRL will "blind the **** out of you"... short of doing a halogen conversion its not that bright, and even then, headlights are just as bright, and much more focused. I think you may have a light sensitivity issue.

Also, I think your rant would be much more appropriately directed toward ANYONE who ever puts HIDs in a non-projector housing. That said, I myself have done it.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you may have a light sensitivity issue.

Lots of people do, especially with night driving which is the issue here. Any car with amber turn signals factory does not use a completely clear lens with an amber bulb. This will be brighter than the same bulb (or a clear one even) behind an amber diffused lens that is designed into the housing.

I'm done beating this dead horse now. Everyone have a nice day.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.