Tune up Time...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ep-80

Reaction score
thanks guys well i did ACDelco, and am happy with them, ive been really bad to my truck. My old plugs were bad. I need to keep on it now. I didnt do MSD wires just cause money is tight, wish i could have. but next time. Thanks again guys!

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MSD wires are good, but they're not the end-all best wire or anything, and they can be pretty pricey. I've run taylors in the past with really good results, and ACdelco is typicaly pretty good too. and as far as the cap/rotor go, back when I had a distributor I liked the napa ones. basically you want to look for a cap/rotor with the brass contacts instead of the aluminum ones.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I worked in auto parts years ago. I used to run the "cheap" wires $25 retail a set. Standard cap and rotor. Their green box low cost line. and stock ac delco plugs. My car ran like a champ. before that it had more expensive wires and accell cap n rotor and autolite plugs and it ran and idled like ****. I ran the "******" cap rotors and wires wit the delco plugs for 2 years until i sold the car. Never had a problem. Just my two cents.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah i used to work at autozone...everything is basically the same part in different boxes with higher prices lol. i had all the accel **** on my camaro as far as the coil and wires, honestly it didnt do anything that i was impressed about. i always ran acdelco plugs so i never really had a problem with it running, it was only in the spring it didnt idle well and i think its just because it sat all winter without being touched, so i made it a habbit to just swap plugs before i took it out in the spring and it made all the difference in the world.