Truck Stalls But Fuel Injectors Keep Spraying?? Video Included

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19Silverado94

Reaction score
New fuel pump assembly and pump later. Will order bed box floor sheet metal later to cover up the access hatch I cut per a YouTube video I saw today. Then it will look flush like on my Bonneville SSEi.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also installed LEDs in my gauge cluster since some bulbs were out.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
What LED's did you use?

Also, does your oil pressure max out when the key is flipped to run position? The diagrams I remember looking at rely on oil pressure to trigger the fuel pump. It'll prime for 2-3 seconds initially but after that, the circuit must see oil pressure, if not, it'll cut the power to the fuel pump.

19Silverado94

Reaction score
What LED's did you use?

Also, does your oil pressure max out when the key is flipped to run position? The diagrams I remember looking at rely on oil pressure to trigger the fuel pump. It'll prime for 2-3 seconds initially but after that, the circuit must see oil pressure, if not, it'll cut the power to the fuel pump.

I used 194 white LEDs from eBay. Came with T10 sockets for the cluster. The factory bulbs seem like they’re tack welded to their sockets so they broke when I tried to remove them. Easy 10 minute install.

No, my oil Pressure is at a mostly steady 40-50 psi. If I wiggle the connector at the Oil Pressure Switch, you can hear the fuel pump kick on. I ran the truck for a bit to let it idle after changing the sensors. Turned it off. Went into the house for some tools and when I came back out I heard the fuel pump running. Also, truck runs without the Oil Pressure Switch plugged in also if that means anything? What other components are in the fuel system?

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I'm getting ready for a road trip so perhaps someone else could chime in with the schematics but I'm 90% sure the way the diagram reads and with the explanation off to the side, the fuel pump should not run for more than 3 seconds without oil pressure, with the exception of flipping on the key from the off position, as that primes it so you can start it. Does the fuel pump ever shut off? Kinda sounds like someone's got it rigged up so check the wiring for weirdness. I really wish some people just wouldn't work on cars haha. They know just enough to screw things up and then justify it with sayings like, "Welp, if it looks stupid but works, it ain't stupid." SMH...

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you checked fuel pump relay it could be stuck. Making the pump run all the time

Reaction score
Last truck i had that was all fuckered like that I gave up on trying to troubleshoot the wiring in vehicle. i just pulled the harness and found all sorts of corroded, shorted, and rednecked wiring repairs. Just for giggles and ***** id try a different battery.

19Silverado94

Reaction score
I'm getting ready for a road trip so perhaps someone else could chime in with the schematics but I'm 90% sure the way the diagram reads and with the explanation off to the side, the fuel pump should not run for more than 3 seconds without oil pressure, with the exception of flipping on the key from the off position, as that primes it so you can start it. Does the fuel pump ever shut off? Kinda sounds like someone's got it rigged up so check the wiring for weirdness. I really wish some people just wouldn't work on cars haha. They know just enough to screw things up and then justify it with sayings like, "Welp, if it looks stupid but works, it ain't stupid." SMH...

Oddly, with the Oil Pressure Switch unplugged, it does what you say it’s supposed to do. Runs for a few seconds then shuts off. Truck will start and run with it unplugged also. It wasn’t doing this before I replaced the switch so I’m going to ‘borrow’ one from the local parts store and see if perhaps I have a faulty switch. It’s brand new, but as someone suggested elsewhere, even new parts sometimes fail. Will check back soon.

Have you checked fuel pump relay it could be stuck. Making the pump run all the time

I have not checked the relay. Where is it located? Is it one of those little black boxes in the dash left of the ECM?

Last truck i had that was all fuckered like that I gave up on trying to troubleshoot the wiring in vehicle. i just pulled the harness and found all sorts of corroded, shorted, and rednecked wiring repairs. Just for giggles and ***** id try a different battery.

The battery is new. I tried a different battery just in case, no change.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the firewall on passenger side it has an oval shape and is the one to the far right behind that cover

19Silverado94

Reaction score
Fixed fuel pump issue! Here’s the problem.

Not sure why, it’s new. But I guess something broke internally. I unplugged this Oil Pressure Switch and the pump went off. Plugged in a new one from OReilys and no pump noise. Replaced the new one with the new new one and it’s working properly. Thanks guys for the input! Now just have to figure out my Code 43 and all will be fixed! Getting excited haha