1993 5.7 TBI injectors spray intermittently at start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stu925

Reaction score
LOOK at the side of your GM1 connector. There's a port for the power adapter you'll need.
Didn’t have the snap on connector when I borrowed the Solus. Hooked 12v to that connector for the 2500 and it can’t communicate with the computer either. Injectors, fuel pump relay and no scanner communication make me think it’s computer unless I’m missing something. Is there anyway to test the computer without a scanner? Probably not but if there is I’ll give it a shot before I order another.

Stu925

Reaction score
Figured I’d give you guys an update. ECU turned out to be the problem. Took care of all my issues, injectors, fuel pump, communication with scanner, surging idle, everything. Only issue after install is a rough idle when cold. Engine starts right up, has plenty of power and runs perfect after it warms up a bit. Idles around 650 RPM. Thanks for all the help.