Truck Stalls But Fuel Injectors Keep Spraying?? Video Included

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19Silverado94

Reaction score
So the temp gauge not correctly has been fixed. Turns out it actually was the sensor. Went though 2 before I had a good. Standard Motor Products regular line, not the T Series. That’s what worked for me. Truck is still stalling and fuel injectors keep firing after truck stalls out.

shamrock246

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see. This circuit does not go the PCM, it goes directly to the gauge cluster. I’m wondering why there is a Voltage difference, if that’s a symptom of a problem somewhere else.

Also, is my Knock Sensor supposed to be getting 5V as you stated? I’m getting 4.94V

Mine read the same as yours. After replacing the knock sensor on mine it still would throw a code replaced the connector and haven't heard from it in two years. keep in mind the connectors on these trucks are getting old along with the wiring.You have an issue somewhere in the harness causing the injector issue.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Have you done a compression test on it? How about the burnt valve test? (paper towel over the exhaust pipe) I can't remember if we discussed that already. My old engine threw code 43 at me when I was running on 7/8. Same distributor went into "new" engine with no issues or code 43...

19Silverado94

Reaction score
I went to remove the Knock Sensor to try to OHM it and the center piece of the sensor was spinning inside itself. So I removed it for now and will be replacing it with a higher quality part. I know I need the 3900 OHM sensor and not the 99000 OHM unit. Trying to read up on how to OHM the sensor.

Mine read the same as yours. After replacing the knock sensor on mine it still would throw a code replaced the connector and haven't heard from it in two years. keep in mind the connectors on these trucks are getting old along with the wiring.You have an issue somewhere in the harness causing the injector issue.

I will try that. Will also try to probe the wire after the connector to see if there’s any difference in voltage.

Have you done a compression test on it? How about the burnt valve test? (paper towel over the exhaust pipe) I can't remember if we discussed that already. My old engine threw code 43 at me when I was running on 7/8. Same distributor went into "new" engine with no issues or code 43...

Not yet. Finally had a day off yesterday so I got around to taking off the Knock Sensor and moving my truck to replace the transmission. I will be doing that as soon as I fix my starter never stop cranking unless I disconnect my battery issue.

19Silverado94

Reaction score
Starter issue fixed, I will doing a compression test on my truck tomorrow morning. Also getting ready to change out my transmission for a temporary 2WD conversion since my truck has 1st and 2nd gear when you manually select them, but no 3rd or 4th gears.. Ah my adopted child..

Anyway, I recorded another video of my most recent Stalling Issue and figured I’d share it in case anyone has run into the same problem or can help point me in he right direction. Stalls whether or not I’m on the throttle or not. Will stall within a few seconds.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

19Silverado94

Reaction score

Compression test done. These are the results. Took out all 8 spark plugs before cranking the engine over and testing each spark plug port.

You must be registered for see images attach

Passenger Side Bank
2 - 149
4 - 145
6 - 145
8 - 240 (?)

Drivers Side Bank
1 - 145
3 - 147
5 - 152
7 - 178

I think there was gasoline in the number 8 cylinder that was pushed out from cranking the engine over. Would that cause my high reading?

Last edited:

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Hmm.. I want to say "good" results are 180psi +/- 10%. Cylinder #8 should be rechecked but it appears as if your motor is worn out, that or has a head gasket/valvetrain issue as cylinder 7 (& maybe 8) still have acceptable compression. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I can chime in here.