Truck is missing and popping. HELP PLZ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its ok man. will summit cross reference any brand and part number?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Not meaning to hijack, if the temp sensor is buggered, would this make the truck run like shat???

oh yea, basically the PCM will think its -40 outside constantly, causing it to just DUMP fuel into the engine, it will stay in open loop and not switch over to the o2 as well cause it thinks its so cold. it happened to me when i had the 4.3L, dumped so much fuel that i had to pull the plugs, and when i did fuel came running out.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
its ok man. will summit cross reference any brand and part number?
basically, just type in the part number, look at there ad for it and click applications, should show a list, i just looked up a thermostat and it said it worked from everything from AMC-ford-dodge-kia. :lol:

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it found my stant t stats but not duralast? idk i got plenty to check haha

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
says one of them works for a 96-01 454 so that one will probably be the closest fit

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks. it wont search duralast or murray t stats so ill have to find another site.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh yea, basically the PCM will think its -40 outside constantly, causing it to just DUMP fuel into the engine, it will stay in open loop and not switch over to the o2 as well cause it thinks its so cold. it happened to me when i had the 4.3L, dumped so much fuel that i had to pull the plugs, and when i did fuel came running out.

Seeing how its -25 right now, its not too far off :D

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i found one that fits!!!! i cross referenced a murray 3009 to a stant 13009 and its a 195* and fits a 5.7 67-96. i got lucky :)