Truck inspection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasCowboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 95 k1500 i want to put true dual exhaust. but several exhaust shops have said that it wont pass inspection. is that true or r they feeding me bs

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There feeding you BS.. you being just down the road from me all you have to do is have 2 cats.. some inspectors are a$$ clowns but you can true dual it as long as you have 2 cats..

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
With two cats, it wouldnt be considered true duals anymore. So in that fact, yes. Putting true duals on ur truck will make it fail inspection, and most shops wont even do true duals unless you leave the cats or install new ones.

Sent from my LG-P506 using Tapatalk 2

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Um true dials would consist of two pipes one coming off each manifold and each one having its own cat and its own muffler there is absolutely nothing illegal about that. however don't mistake true dials for straight pipes which are illegal no matter where you are because your truck came factory with cats federal law says you can't get rid of them... my suggestion get the duals and run highflow cats and muffler of your choice and be done with it. just my .02

Sent from my static android

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why wouldn't it be true duals if he ran 2 cats.

One cat pur bank coming off the cat with one pipe completely doing away with the Y pipe.. really!!

Yes in the state of tx you can run a true dual set up as long as there is one cat pur side.. meaning you run one pipe off the exhaust manifold..

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Why wouldn't it be true duals if he ran 2 cats.

One cat pur bank coming off the cat with one pipe completely doing away with the Y pipe.. really!!

Yes in the state of tx you can run a true dual set up as long as there is one cat pur side.. meaning you run one pipe off the exhaust manifold..

my words exactly just a shorter version well spoken man

Sent from my static android

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
I always determined true duals as straight pipes. To each there own.

rollin smoke

Reaction score
running no mufflers = HORRIBLE sounding exhaust!!

i run true duals on my truck catless since i live in michigan and no inspections with flowmasters but theyre getting changed i dont like flowmasters

if you run true duals run a crossover pipe it will help sound and balance out the banks of the motor.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I got mine inspected, he didnt even lift the hood, check the brakes, or the exhaust. Nothing. But failed me cause my e-brake didnt work. Which I did fix. You shouldnt have a problem with a dual exhaust setup. But true dual, like others have said, needs two cats. I have a single in dual out muffler so I only need 1 cat.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I always determined true duals as straight pipes. To each there own.

Straight pipes means just that, straight pipes with nothing in between. No mufflers, no cats.

True duals just means that it is truly a dual exhaust, meaning that each bank of the engine has it's own separate flow. There is no part that the flows combine. So now Y, X, or H pipes, and no D/I mufflers.