Trans output shaft 700R4 and 4L60E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
Are the 2WD output shaft the same for a 700R4 and a 4L60E the same spline, OD, etc?

I'm planning a LS swap into my 90 C1500. Going to just bite the bullet and swap the trans at the same time. Mostly cause the engine I plan to use is a DBW throttle body. AND why not take advantage of the computer managing the shifting for best performance.

Ken

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, I'm pretty sure it's the same 27 spline for both. This yoke says it fits TH350, 700R4 and 4L60e:

That's not to say the other end is exactly the same. There can be differences in where and size of an oil feed hole, depth of a snap ring groove etc. It really calls for a close side by scrutiny unless someone knows without a doubt.

kenh

Reaction score
Yes, I'm pretty sure it's the same 27 spline for both. This yoke says it fits TH350, 700R4 and 4L60e:

That's not to say the other end is exactly the same. There can be differences in where and size of an oil feed hole, depth of a snap ring groove etc. It really calls for a close side by scrutiny unless someone knows without a doubt.

So we still don't really know if my 1990, 700R4 drivehaft/yoke will work on a 4L60E trans.

Ken

kenh

Reaction score
for what ever reason I thought you were asking about swapping one output shaft into later trans case.
Sorry no. Just reusing my current driveshaft on the late model trans.

Funny. "I" knew exactly what I was asking but, did not express it correctly! Expressing what you actually want will get the answer you need.

Ken