Tranny cooler adapter help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broken812

Reaction score
Hi all! I just purchased a set of lines for my 1995 suburban k2500 4L80e. The old lines had a quick connect going into the cooler and the new replacement lines do not. The lines that inline tube sent me have a thread compression fitting. I ordered them online and am told by tech support that my truck should not not have the quick connect and that gm must have used some leftovers. They told me to go to chevy dealer for a 1/2 x 20 inverted adapter. I'm waiting for it to come in but gm dealer doubts that their part is an adapter, just a quick connect as is normally on this year. Anyone have any ideas other than returning these. Already tried local parts and even plumbing section at lowes for a bushing. Thanks.

broken812

Reaction score
No luck with the dealer. They only know of the quick connect for that year. Very frustrating.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Take the adapter out of the radiator (do you know what the radiator side needs) and the new line and go to your nearest napa that makes hydrolic hoses.... tell them you need to go from the new lines end to the threaded side of the adapter that came outta the radiator..

broken812

Reaction score
Tried that at.
Chevy dealer
Lowes
Home depot
Auto zone
Blackman plumbing
Family auto
Pep boys
Came close but it is the 5/16 flare side mainly that's mainly the problem.
Anyhow, i have no choice but to try and return today.I bought these lines from Inline tube and wasted ALOT of time and effort for their mistake. They gave me the run around like I've never seen. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you still have the old lines? If so cut a little bit ways back and get a fitting with a nipple on it for the new lines and use a couple hose clamps and z 4 or 5 inch piece of trans hose..

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
Do you still have the old lines? If so cut a little bit ways back and get a fitting with a nipple on it for the new lines and use a couple hose clamps and z 4 or 5 inch piece of trans hose..

Thats what I would do...its not like its a high pressure line

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
This would be an easy one if I had the parts with me at work. We specialize in hoses and fittings at our garage.

broken812

Reaction score
One of the old lines had a spilt in them. I just want to put this project behind me cuz there's lots of others waiting. Ya know what I mean. I also bought some stainless brake lines from this place too. Spent $400 so they should make it right. I hope!