TOTM questions and coments thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, to be honest, I didn't think I would win with all of the great trucks I've seen on this forum! This is, hands down, the best forum I've seen - ever! So much participation and camaraderie building great relationships based on a common cause. Yes, we have our differences, but we are able to get over ourselves and move on. If I can help anyone from past experiences, so be it. I appreciate everyone's input too.

My observations;
We had 3 '88s, 5 total TBIs (or they started out that way), and 2 Vortecs. It's great to see the whole spectrum of GMT400s represented.

I was always proud of my truck with my mechanical improvements but was a little embarrassed with how she looked. With lowering it AND ESPECIALLY having it painted, I'm happy to take it anywhere and have had more compliments than I can count now.

I guess you can put lipstick on a pig and make it look better :anitoof:. Seriously, if you can afford to make her shine, you'll always love riding in it!

On to February's 4X4 K1500s - I love it!

Enough of that $hit - WOO HOO!

:big_banana_Dance:

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
my 96 is a lowered ext cab 2wd....maybe March??
You must be registered for see images attach
Your truck would have qualified for the January thread. I haven't made up my mind yet, about how I will re run that thread. I may do a free for all thread in May, but I'm not sure yet. If so, then it would include all GMT 400s.

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess I called the winner a day early, but there were no more votes in the January TOTM thread, so it nothing changed. Also @PlayingWithTBI had 21 votes, and the next closest in votes was @df2x4 with 14 votes. A 7 vote in this case, is a pretty big gap. No one person got that many votes in one day since the thread was opened. IDK why, but for some reason, I was thinking that Sunday was the last day of the month. With February being such a short month, I really wanted to start the February thread 1 weekend early, and I did, so post you k1500 regular and extended cab trucks. The February voting thread will be open through the last day of February.