Torsion bar upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbullard

Reaction score
The XG from what I have... (research off and on for the last year) was discontinued then this new model replaced it? Here is a pic from a site giving the supposed part# for the XG bars, going off that these are the supposed replacement ones. https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-torsion-bar-19330062

But some sites say they are for 2001-07? So will they fit? I found them on a couple of sites.

I just hate to buy what is likely already in the truck and have them sag out again since the truck pretty much always has either the plow and sander on or is towing, sometimes with around 1000lb of tractor weights in the box.

You must be registered for see images attach

Did you ever figure this out?

I have a 95 K500 burb. It has the GMT800 spindle, but the previous owner never replaced the lower controls.
I got the forged LCAs but the hole on the LCA for the torsion bar is a lot bigger than the burb's torsion bar.
Also what torsion keys did you use?

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@evilunclegrimace is close, except the first line. "All GMT 400 bars will fit ALL K models".
No. The bars used in the 4 door Tahoe/Yukon are 2 inches shorter. Ask me how I know...

That being said, if it's a 1500 pickup that O.P. had 2 years ago, 3500 bars will fit and carry the heavy V-plow wonderfully. Seeing as he has a 1 ton to start with, I'd suggest brand new bars and a set of Timbren's is as good as he can go.

Duallylife

Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out?

I have a 95 K500 burb. It has the GMT800 spindle, but the previous owner never replaced the lower controls.
I got the forged LCAs but the hole on the LCA for the torsion bar is a lot bigger than the burb's torsion bar.
Also what torsion keys did you use?
I did end up buying XG bars, I can't remember the site but likely the one I posted. I might be able to find the receipt if you need. I'm not sure about the yukon/Tahoe ones being shorter never measured because I don't have any. I love the bars I got, the truck is a 1ton k3500 dually, lives with a heavy 1,200lb plow on it all winter. The XG bars were so stiff that with stock keys de-cranked (no bolt in at all) it sat so hard against the down stops it wouldn't flex over bumps, and only dropped a 1/2" or so with the plow. So I took the stock keys and flipped them upside down so I didn't have to crank the bars as hard to put the tab in the bolt goes through. In the winter I only put about 3-4 turns in and it hardly squats, actually rides a bit high, in the summer I usually de-crank them fully and then snug the bolts against the keys so the tab can't fall out, basically run no bolt and it sits only an 1" or so higher then stock. I like them. I'll try to post a summer pic height and a winter with the plow up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220501-224910_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220501-224910_Gallery.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20220501-224750_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220501-224750_Gallery.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 13