Torsion bar lif question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kansas_Burb

Reaction score
I don't think they're exactly the same.

The sky jacker kit comes with A-Arms, while the rough country kit comes with control arms.

If I'm remembering correctly the problems people were having with the RC kit was the ball joints in the control arms kept wearing out.

About the link maybe you could try copying and pasting it, if it won't pop a link by clicking on it.

Kansas_Burb

Reaction score
A-arms are control arms

Are you sure?
The skyjacker kit "A-Arms" have no ball joints, and the RC kit "control arms" have ball joints.

I don't know squat about this, I'm just writing from what I saw in the pics and descriptions.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Same thing but usually the a-arms are tube and control arms are a little more beefy

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
My roommates dad works at a 4x4 performance shop and i have heard nothing but bad things about the quality of skyjacker lifts

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the lif IS NOT worth the money. That lift either one is nothing but crank and if your bars are sagging they won't work, plain and simple.

The a-arms ARE THE EXACT SAME THING AS CONTROL ARMS, having a balll joint or not makes NO difference.

Those control/a-arms are there to try and correct the bad angle over cranking makes.

the diff. drop is to try and correct the bad angles on the axles over cranking makes.

nothing in the kit helps the bad tie rod angles. All you are buying is some control arms and brackets, the lift is in the torsion bars being cranked up.

waste of time and money, as I said already if you want CHEAP get a body lift. If not save up for a real lift, the rough country 4 and 6 is the SAME kit it just doesn't come with add a leaves if you buy the 4, so IMO buy either, it's the same, but if you get the 6 and don't want it 6 inches you can leave out the AAl and not crank it up, and sell the AAL and make money back.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
the lif IS NOT worth the money. That lift either one is nothing but crank and if your bars are sagging they won't work, plain and simple.

The a-arms ARE THE EXACT SAME THING AS CONTROL ARMS, having a balll joint or not makes NO difference.

Those control/a-arms are there to try and correct the bad angle over cranking makes.

the diff. drop is to try and correct the bad angles on the axles over cranking makes.

nothing in the kit helps the bad tie rod angles. All you are buying is some control arms and brackets, the lift is in the torsion bars being cranked up.

waste of time and money, as I said already if you want CHEAP get a body lift. If not save up for a real lift, the rough country 4 and 6 is the SAME kit it just doesn't come with add a leaves if you buy the 4, so IMO buy either, it's the same, but if you get the 6 and don't want it 6 inches you can leave out the AAl and not crank it up, and sell the AAL and make money back.
All of this is spot on...if you just want a little lift to fit 33s then cranking your t bars should work with maybe an AAL on small block in the rear, just remember to get an alignment if you do crank your bars. To fit 35s you can do a 3" body with a block and crank