Today I'll never forget

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
97-99 1500's have the air bags and the 2500 & 3500 had the pocket. I was told it was because the 1500's were cosidered pasanger vehicals where the 2500 & 3500's were considered work trucks.

Even that is iffy. the 2500s could be ordered with passenger airbag too. My dad bought a brand new 2500 diesel Suburban in 1997, came with driver and passenger airbags. But maybe thats because it was a Suburban... :hmm:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, I know that some states that license vehicles separately by passenger and truck vehicles, they automatically put "TRUCK" tags on 3/4+ ton trucks........the closest a suburban would come to a "work vehicle" would most likely be a fleet vehicle for transporting passengers.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i'll check in the yards around me there are alot of town highway dept trucks in one yard i'll see what they have if you have no luck finding one

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Actually....while ur at it(no, none of the yards down here have any 3500s in them atall), if you could grab a set of good dually fenders(just fender, not full bed side), 2 dually rims, and a non-airbag steering wheel for a GMC....that'd be great!!! Just pm me with what you find and I'll get you paid....don't worry bout s/h costs, I'm already aware it'll cost me a decent penny to ship those fenders especially lol.