Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

norad848

Reaction score
What kind of tires are you guys running on your stock 4x4 trucks? How do you like them? Would you buy them again? Would you recommend them to a friend or family?

I am going to be in the market for tires come tax time.
I have 96 GMC "2500" Z-71 ECSB.
Bridgestone dueler ATP "temporary"
LT245/75R16

I'm just trying to get opinions from fellow GMT400 owners on tires to help me make an informed decision.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Got to tirerack and read the reviews for the tires. You can even narrow the results to your make and model and year

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would jump the size up to a 265/75/16 and bf all terrains they are a good long lasting tire my set that was on my 88 I had were 4 yrs old still had good tread left when I sold it and that truck was worked hard plowing and towing a trailer

norad848

Reaction score
@95C1500 - I have looked at tire rack, and I've gotten a lot of good info from there, but they don't have all the brands I've looked at, I.E. Cooper, Falken.

@Badazzbulldog - that's the plan, to jump back to the 265's. I only have 245's because my 265's were really worn out and my dad had just bought new tires so I got his old ones, which were in way better shape than mine. And I kinda want to stay away from A/T tires because my driving conditions don't really dictate them. Although I did look at them, because they are a good looking tire. And tirerack had a lot good to say about them.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
@95C1500 - I have looked at tire rack, and I've gotten a lot of good info from there, but they don't have all the brands I've looked at, I.E. Cooper, Falken.

@Badazzbulldog - that's the plan, to jump back to the 265's. I only have 245's because my 265's were really worn out and my dad had just bought new tires so I got his old ones, which were in way better shape than mine. And I kinda want to stay away from A/T tires because my driving conditions don't really dictate them. Although I did look at them, because they are a good looking tire. And tirerack had a lot good to say about them.

Yeah, I know they (tirerack) don't. For Falken, Cooper, etc... I go to discounttire to read reviews

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go 265's. I put 245's on mine because the 265's were worn down pretty well, and I had a spare set. They look too small and narrow for the truck at stock height. The 265's looked just right under there.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I agree on 265's my old black truck had 245's and it was the thing that bothered me most they looked too small

Sent from my static android

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cooper makes great tires. First what kind of tire do you want? a Hwy/all season, pretty tame a/t, etc?