Tire recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

User_name

T.B.I Guy
Reaction score
Hello fellow GMT-400 owners and enthusiasts.
I have a 1995 c2500 cheyenne with the 350/nv4500.
I need tires and would like to see what you guys that have 3/4 ton and up trucks are using. I do not tow every day I only tow maybe 3 or 4 times a month.
Brand?
Approximate price per tire?
Any benefits or features you can think of.
Gas milage from the tires aren't a concern. I have a small block behind a low geared trans in a 4,000 lbs or more truck.

Looking for something that has a decent tread pattern for wet weather and dirt roads. I guess a good all around tread pattern would be a better description.
Size is 245/75/16 or 255/75/16
Thanks in advance,
Shannon

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
I have had good luck with Goodyear Wrangler Trail-Runner tires. My Blazer has Pirelli Scorpion All Terrian Plus, really good tread but quite pricey. My 94 had Linglong AT tires... safe to say those aren't on. I use Big O Bigfoot tires for it, got them for cheap online brand new. The Big O tires work fairly good for me, it does good at the hunting club and snow. I ran it through some deeper ruts and aside from getting the truck completely covered in mud, muck, and twigs, it did really good. The Pirellis work on the access road to the dump, all I really ask for it to do offroad. My 89 has the Goodyear's and they work good on and offroad, ride is slightly choppy though.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I just put these on Frank's front today.

These will go on the rear when the Mastercraft MSR's wear out.

Last edited:

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Michelin LTX 265/75/R16 Load range E 10 ply for me. If you want something more aggressive, go with the AT2 Michelin. They are extremely quiet and wear like iron.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put some Michelin LTX LT 265/75/16 on my 1500 about 6 years ago. They have fared really good after 45k. That truck is no longer a daily driver, so they probably will degrade from age before I wear the tread on them.

Just last week I got some Cooper Discovery for my 2500 suburban daily driver, don't remember the sub-model. Same tire size. The Michelin's were not in stock and more expensive, so this was the next best option for me. The tire guy did ask if I really needed LTs...:rolleyes:

Papablunt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Michelin LTX AT2 tire. I put 100k on a set, mostly towing, and just put another set on.

They're extremely quiet, wear like iron, do great for all terrain uses, and look the part without being too aggressive.

For a more aggressive tire, I recommend the Falken Wildpeak AT3 or Goodyear Ultraterrain.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nexent Roadian HTX on my Tahoe-chose those for very good wet grip and low noise.Also no probkems on the snow. I am aware Dodge had issues with them (it was aparently standard tire on Rams) but I decided to give em a chance and I'm satisfied so far-second year on them now. Price was 88 GBP in 2020 a piece new.

Attachments

• IMG_20210526_204505.jpg
    IMG_20210526_204505.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 10

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak HT02

Great tire in the rain/snow/ice, silent going down the road. Wear well on a rock/gravel road.

You must be registered for see images attach

I also like the Yokohama Geolander G015 A/T, this one is 3 speak mountain snow rated, but super quiet for an A/T and kind of like a Swiss Army Knife.

Falken Wildpeak AT3W is another great tire in an A/T. Sounds like you don't really need an all-terrain however.