Tires rubbing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I leveled my 98 2500HD 2wd and put on some 285's. When I turn hard right the right tire rubs the frame and the left tire rubs the sway bar. But there is no issue when turning hard left. Has anyone ever experienced this? Does anyone know how to correct this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Could be the steering setup has been apart and isn't properly centered, or even the whole front end could be tweaked a hair. You could try some 5mm wheel spacers or something, they're cheap

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Its the offset of the wheels. Mine did the same thing. Its probably gonna take more than a 5mm spacer to clear it up. Mine rubbed so bad on the pass side i could stop the truck..lol either get 1.75" spacers or try a wheel with less backspacing. C2500s have a very narrow track width

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those guys are probably correct but just as a thought maybe since you leveled it the tires are bowed in just enough to scrub. Maybe that side was cranked a little more than the other? Again just a thought. The rednecks around here have a saying "if you ain't scrubbin you ain't thuggin". You should see the hot messes they drive.

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its the offset of the wheels. Mine did the same thing. Its probably gonna take more than a 5mm spacer to clear it up. Mine rubbed so bad on the pass side i could stop the truck..lol either get 1.75" spacers or try a wheel with less backspacing. C2500s have a very narrow track width

Have you noticed any issues when using the 1.75" Wheel Spacers?

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Didnt get spacers in the front, found some spindles instead. Problem solved...

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think they even make spindles for 8 lugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
They dont anymore,scored a set of fabtechs after a year long search

meterman