Tire suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am currently looking for new tires. I want a road friendly tire but with the aggressive mud tire look. My truck seldom goes off roading so I need a road friendly tire with some beef to it. I'm not a fan of tires that howl, I need them to last long as I am traveling back and fourth to college. I am purchasing a set of wheels either procomps, or Dick Cepeks DC-2's in 33-12.50R15 or 31-10R15 or 16x8's if I can find them cheap enough. So whats a good road tire with an offroad look? Under 180$ a peice would be nice. Sorry for all the blubbering. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I dont know much about the mud tires, but my father has been a BF Goodwrench All terrain junky for years.. He needed a good all around tire for his work trucks that were good for many highway miles and would make it thru the swampy marshes here for job sites.. When he first got the BF A/Ts he picked up about 30+ nails and screws in them and didnt even know.. When he went to have them rotated the shop told him he had only 15lbs of air in them also! (you couldnt even tell they were flat) After finding that out hes never purchased another brand tire for any truck, just the BF A/Ts.. As best i can recall hes never had to buy but one set for each truck.. The tires have outlasted the trucks :)

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Were they the Radial mud terrains? Does anyone know how the radial mud terrains are?

Reaction score
They were the radials..
Im very sure everyone has opinions on which tires are better these days, but im basing from past to present experience myself with my fathers trucks..
My brother has bought all kinds of mud tires for his Z and they all wear out in a year or two.. My sister has done the same with her Z, but early last year she needed tires really quick and found some very used MTs for cheap..lol.. Shes still riden them :) They may not be as pretty or fancy as all the new tires out on the market now, but they will still be around when the pretty ones arent pretty anymore!

Last edited:

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ill tell ya sport king at's arent real expensive but will take u anywhere u wana go ,,did me
they got a pretty good life span too but they are at's

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mickey thompson baja mtz
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images