Tire suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Idduno why the BFs have lasted so long on my families rides, maybe cause their thicker than normal sidewalls and tread, Or just the compound of the rubber itself.. The only tires ive personally had on my own ride were buckshots.(1992 on a 70 datsun hustler)lol... They lasted pretty good on the road. But like i said, just my experiences.. not at all a four wheel guy so who knows.. Id say an all terrain is what you need, its for ALL.. and a Mud terrain will not last on the roads since its not designed to anyways..

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya i want an all terrain tire that looks like a mud terrain if thats possible haha. All i do is road driving. And I dont have alot of extra cash for tires now that im in college so a good at tire will do the trick. Im just unsure of which ones. I was checking out the Dick Cepek FC2's they look like a road tire and they are a radial. any input on these?

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya. I dont know though. Im **** about how my stuff looks and performs. haha. Im just picky I guess. The general grabber at2's are nice as well but everyone round my town has them.

dave2662

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the goodyear duratracs are an awesome looking tire and are considered an AT but look more like a MT

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
So you want a M/T that wears like an A/T, performs well all around, and has good road manners? When you find the holy grail let me know I would also like a set.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
check out offroaders.com and go to the upper right hand corner they have tons of reviews, but it will just confuse you more, you wont know which to get!

i woiuld like to try the pro comp all terrains or bfg a/t

but then i would miss my mud tires, but for now these thornterds gotta go

just remember a worn out mud terrain is worse offroad than a decent all terrain
imo

im in the same boat bud

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i got bfg a/ts on my truck and they are the best tires i've ridden on...they're not to noisy on the highway and grip well in snow and dirt haven't had them long enough to tell you the tread life but my dad had them on his obs suburban when he had them lasted about 70k miles after he got the recalls out of the way in the first 15k. theres alot controversy about bfgs being good being bad. but from personal experience they've been great. everyone i know whos had them loves them but say they don't like that they're to "soft" which i could see but they have deep treads for a a/t. the only problem is they are quite spendy...also they are mutliple winners of baja, drift, rally usa ect. can't go wrong with that. and the a/t's are rated bfgs longest life tread they have