Tire opinions please!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay, I know I know, another tire thread :lol:

Anyways, as some of you know its getting to be tire time again for my 94'. Currently I have 265/75R/16 Kumho Road Venture A/T's (KL78's), I put them on in the fall of 09' and 3 years later they are getting tired.

Im looking to mix things up a bit and have been reading reviews online about a few tires that caught my eye and are what im.considering. I may step up to a 285/75/16, but regardless id like some input from you guys!! Below are what im considering:

Cooper Discoverer A/T 3's
Toyo Open Country A/T's
Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx
Kumho Road Venture A/T's (current tire)

What I find really appealing about Coopers tires are that they are still made in the USA, and the reviews are absolutely awesome for them! Ill post up pictures of all the tires later.

Anyways, if anyone has experience with running any of the above tires, id love to hear what you have to say about them! Millage, noise levels, road manners, snow traction, etc.

Thanks ahead of time guys!

Cooper Discoerer AT3:
You must be registered for see images attach

Toyo Open Country A/T's:
You must be registered for see images

Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx:

Kumho Road Venture A/T's:

Last edited:

towman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
look at master craft also, they are owned by cooper and the treads look the same with a lower price

Dubya

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know what your going through dude, i am in the market for new tires as well and i am most likely going to pull the plug on a set of cooper ATP'S for the same reason

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think to toyos are great tires, ride good, really quiet but man they are ugly. I really like design on the sidewall and toyo s are just boring. I would tell you to add Yokohama geolanders to your list. They are great tires, and fairly in expensive

93$ilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toyo's are nice but once they down to 50% tread or less they seeme to have no traction when wet. I have a set of the treadwright wardens and love them great traction and great tread wear. You cant beat the price and their quality is top notch they come in 265 or 285's.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wish I could help you. Those Cooper Discoverer Maxx's look awesome though.

Right!! Love the thread pattern and looks of the tire all around. Reviews are also very good. Im going to have my tire supplier price a set for me, and see how much more they run then the AT3's

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
look at master craft also, they are owned by cooper and the treads look the same with a lower price

I was aware that Mastercraft was owned by Cooper, but didn't realize they have a line similar to the Discoverer series. Thanks for the info!

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So basically the general consensus is that all the above tires are all around good tires it seems! The toyos reviews have been pretty much inline with the above posts.

I can speak for the quality of the Kumhos, as I've had several Kumhos tires. My only complaint is I don't think that Kumhos quality is as consistent. I mean im happy with my tires, but I think they may have changed them a but since this set was new. Anyhow keep the opinions coming guys :cheers: