Tire opinions please!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I didn't see the pic yesterday I thought you where going with the m/t's thats why I said toyo's. My paw-n-law had good results with the Kuhmo a/t's also, my dad just put a new set of APT's on his dually and the tread looks great but there is no sidewall design. I really like the look of the BFG Rugged Terrains I just bought. The only thing that I can say about them after the first 1000 miles is they are quiet, very good traction and they ride very well. And I got the load range E. I'm not sure what your looking to pay but my tires cost me $1000 at Discounttiredirect.com but I have 285/70r17s. Goodluck it took me forever to decide on a tire, I was all about the APT's till I saw them in person!

92k1500chevy

Reaction score
I've got the regular Cooper S/T's and they are pretty wicked tire for what's considered an all terrain, great traction, and just a little hum around 45ish. I think the Maxx are less aggressive but my vote is between the Cooper Maxx and the Toyo A/T, always heard great things about those Toyo's.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
My 265/75-16 Cooper ATP's should be here today, paid $500 delivered to my door from Discount Tire Direct.

You must be registered for see images attach

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Not on your list, but my truck wears Yokohama Geolander AT-S tires. They are great tires, good for everything really. I can't tell you how many compliments I have gotten on them, just the other day at the Chevy Dealer the guy said he "loved the way the tires look, and the wheels." Usually it's never about the wheels, but the tires. They've been on for a looong time, hardly no wear, they still look brand new. Good on, and off road.

http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/detail/geolandar_a_t_s

Another one to look at is the Hancook All Terrain tires. We have them on the Jeep Sahara and they are great!

92k1500chevy

Reaction score
My 265/75-16 Cooper ATP's should be here today, paid $500 delivered to my door from Discount Tire Direct.

You must be registered for see images attach

All that siping looks good! Would love to try those out in the wintertime, but by the time I need new tires they'll be dropping them I bet!

Another one to look at is the Hancook All Terrain tires. We have them on the Jeep Sahara and they are great!

If you're talking about the RF-10's then definately consider them, they're pretty incredible all around tire as well. Make a decision yet?

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the older Cooper ST's on my pro comp wheels, I loved these tires and would think the ST Maxx are just as good. I bought them because they were made in the USA and are great in all weather, wore well, and were pretty quiet.

I would get the ST Maxx in a heartbeat if I were you, USA made is the only way to go.

92k1500chevy

Reaction score
I had the older Cooper ST's on my pro comp wheels, I loved these tires and would think the ST Maxx are just as good. I bought them because they were made in the USA and are great in all weather, wore well, and were pretty quiet.

I would get the ST Maxx in a heartbeat if I were you, USA made is the only way to go.

Forgot to mention that in my first place. I was looking at two tires, the S/T and some KM2's. Being made in America was probably half the reason I went with them. I remember the first time I seen the S/T's I hated their tread design/overall look, and I loved the KM2's, really happy I went with them.

Last edited:

towman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
forgot about hercules tires, they are made by cooper also and have a lot of the same tread patterns