Tire opinions please!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You aren't recommending Baja Claw Radials? lol.

Hell yea I would recommend claws. But I doubt he is wanting something that aggressive so mtz is a good compromise. Claws are really nice though even for a daily, smooth and pretty quiet cruising along, its at low speeds you know they're there.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 265/75-16 Cooper ATP's should be here today, paid $500 delivered to my door from Discount Tire Direct.

You must be registered for see images attach

You'll have to let me know how you like those! They are pretty similiar to the AT3's. At this point I'm pretty much tore between the the Cooper AT3's and S/T Maxx's and my current Kumho KL78's. No matter which one I choose, I will be buying the tires locally. I've been buying all my tires from the same tire shop for years and the guys there treat me really well. I get wholesale pricing on all tires plus they don't charge me to mount and balance either! Plus supporting a local business which is always a good thing :)

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you so much everyone for all the input so far!! Really appreciate everyones opinions! My mind isn't 100% made up yet, I will most likely be pulling the trigger in 6 weeks or so. But it's basically Cooper vs. Kumho, in either a 265/75/16 (current) or 285/75/16 flavor.

All input is greatly appreciated :cheers:

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you don't at least want a m/t

No I don't want a M/T at the present time, in my experience the aggressive A/t's have performed better in the winter conditions we see here regularly. Plus the quiteness, and better road manners are best fit for me.

Now if I had a 6" lift that could clear 35" tires, then that would be a different story! But that's not the case.. at the present time :lol:

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
gotcha man, 285 cooper would be my vote then