Time for a new Steering Box, should I go AGR superbox 2, Red Head, or reman'ed OE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

irishluder

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've rebuilt my front end and there is still slop in the steering, so I'm going to do it right and put a new box in, what should I go with?
Also, If anyone has a link to the write up that uses the metal Jeep style steering shaft that replaces the rag joint with U'joints let me know:evillol:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you want a quicker ratio steering that doesn't break the bank, get yourself a remand. or new steering gear for a 90-92 chevy RCSB sport model, they are a direct bolt in for any 2wd GMT 400, I even put one in my 94 CC longbed 1 ton, it really helps and quicken's the steering a bit. There is no modification reqd.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I cant help on the steering box choice much as I'm still running the original one on my truck but a friend replaced his with just a remand OE on his 89 and said it made a huge difference in steering play.

As for some info on the jeep shaft, I remembered reading about it on FCS and liked the idea, never got around to doing it but damn good idea HaHa. Here is the link http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...how-i-got-rid-my-steering-slop-cheap-obs.html

White98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just replaced mine today with a reman. What a friggin difference! Also put in a new steering stabilizer the other day.

livin2k20

Reaction score
I just did an AC Delco remaned in mine along with pit arm idl arm and brkt tie rod ends inner and out ball joints upper and lower like brand new