Time for a new motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Understand that. Rzr are a blast!!

It will be more fun for the family, that’s my justification. I love the truck and have put a lot of time and money into it, but in the end a reg cab truck doesn’t work well for a family of four and a dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It will be more fun for the family, that’s my justification. I love the truck and have put a lot of time and money into it, but in the end a reg cab truck doesn’t work well for a family of four and a dog.

Completely justified. Have fun with the rzr. Good luck selling the truck.

koolbreeze

Reaction score
I bought this one - https://www.jegs.com/i/Blueprint-Engines/138/BP38301CT/10002/-1. Direct replacement, comes with a chip for the ECM too. It’s been a great engine.

How is the supplied chip working for you? Have you logged it to see how it’s doing? Automatic or manual tranny?

Sorry for all the Qs, just trying to decide which way I want to go when my engine kicks the bucket. Would enjoy the extra power but don’t want a lot of headaches as a result.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How is the supplied chip working for you? Have you logged it to see how it’s doing? Automatic or manual tranny?

Sorry for all the Qs, just trying to decide which way I want to go when my engine kicks the bucket. Would enjoy the extra power but don’t want a lot of headaches as a result.

It was ok, but I felt it could be better so I started doing my own tuning. I ran 80 lb injectors for a while, but they were too much for it at idle, so I went back to the 56 lb injectors. I had a bored out intake and big block TB ready to put on, but I came across a deal on a Fitech system I couldn’t pass up. So now I have removed the TBI system and am close to finishing the Fitech conversion.

The engine itself is great, I just felt there could be more to squeeze out of it.

Reaction score
I've been considering the ATK HP74. Seems like a good option for slight performance upgrade and remains plug/play. My understanding is that the cam is the only difference between it and stock. Take it for what it's worth but... They claim that the HP line from ATK is assembled by hand separately from their assembly line engines.

https://www.high-performance-engines.com/chevy-350-vortec-base-engine-315hp-p/hp74.htm
Is that true that it’s a stock engine with a cam upgrade? I’ve been looking at this engine. But I have a better cam then this and springs seals and locks already which I was considering swapping when I get the engine but I might as well get a stock replacement for like $1000 less if that’s true.