Thz71's Corvette thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Nice! I'm jealous...it's pretty amazing though how cheap you can get a Corvette from 2 or 3 generations ago, such a great deal
Yah theyre awesome cars i loved it
I would've kept that car if I owned it haha. Glad you made a profit though
Meh it was a fun car but too small for me. I had to take off one shoe to drive. And insurance was insane

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I got another one!
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Darrin De May

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was selling Chevys in the early Nineties when the C4 ZR1 first came out. An ultra-tall customer came in one day and asked if he could sit in the one we had on the showroom floor. He got in and not surprisingly bonked his head. He asked me if there was any way to modify the seat so that he could fit. I told him I'd look into it and get back to him. First I asked our body shop, and they said they couldn't lower the seat, modify it or drop the floor. I called Recaro, and they told me that their seats had even thicker padding than the stock seats, so they were no help. I called Callaway, famous for customizing Corvettes, and got zilch there as well. I called the customer to tell him that I'd struck out, and he told me that he'd have to go with his second choice, a new Mercedes-Benz 500SL, which he cruised by to show me a few days later. I could tell it was him when he pulled into our driveway, he had the hardtop off and his head was showing above the windshield frame, not unlike how six-footers like myself protrude when driving a Miata. When he got out he told me that Chevy should've made a convertible ZR1, as he would've bought one of those instead. Much later I heard that Chevy had indeed made a few C4 ZR1 convertibles, five were sent to Lotus in England for developmental work, one of which made it back to the States a few years later in bad condition, the other four reportedly junked. Don Runkle at GM is said to have had a dark blue metallic one, and I've heard that there's one at the Corvette Museum. It's too bad that I couldn't have gotten ahold of one for my too-tall customer!