thoughts on body gaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok first up my truck is an 88, it had been hit in the DS front, hood got bent down, grille busted, bumper etc. My uncle changed to a japan type fender on the DS, reused the inner, reused the core support, and bent the hood back out. Ok that hood fit the same as my new cowl hood.

My main concern is the hood sits higher then the fender, ok no biggie right? well it's both sides, and mostly only in the middle area.

Stock hood fit the same, Now the DS fender the front and middle is lower, the back is ok, the PS only the middle is higher and by this I mean the hood being higher then the fender, NOT the other way round. The back PS is fine, maybe a tad lower then the fender. I know I can shim the DS front up and get it better but it seems to be a good 1/4 or more. I've adjusted the hood latch down and the hood now touches the grille, only abount right where the sides of the cowl scoop are. The middle and outside aint touching the grille.

I also noticed when installing my bull bar the brackets were higher, I honestly think the frame got pushed upwards, but it doesn't look bent. You can tell the bumper is higher on the DS and pushed back. I thought new bumper brackets would help but after seeing the bull bar brackets which are perfect I think that side is raised.

I know I should probably get it checked or straightened and I might sometime.

I mostly wonder what you guys think would help straighten out this hood to fender gap, maybe core support changed? or some adjustment I'm missing? I'd really like to get it right before I paint the whole truck. I'm just kind of at a loss.

I do have pics and can post.