Third brake light bulbs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
My cargo lights are green, but reverse are not LED. Thinking I want green in my license plate lights.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Old thread, but question seems appropriate to the topic.

Best recommendation for BRIGHT (above average... lol) LED conversion bulbs for both the third brake lamp and the cargo lights. Links would be even more appreciated. (posted this question on another thread so as to increase my chances of getting an answer)

Last edited:

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My cargo light and 3rd brake light is the only thing other than my parking lights and my tail lights. Only problem is I dont know what kind of bulbs the cargo light and 3rd brake lights are?

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a pair of 194 7watt LEDs white for the cargo light on another thread that I bought and they are extremely bright from ebay US seller will get a link ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Something to be careful with on using LED replacements. If the base is too thick to fit the socket it's easy to break off the wires internally and end up with a short. These I bought from V-LED's years ago (2011) and they were a super-tight fit, and immediate smoke show -

You must be registered for see images attach

Not slamming V-LED's; I've got hundreds of dollars worth of their other stuff and it's held up great. Just the bases on these #921 replacements were too thick to fit the CHMSL socket.

Richard

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check these out I posted picks in another thread of the same set ill go look for the pics

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can be used in 194 spots especially cargo light n the step courtesy light under neath the dash

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Something to be careful with on using LED replacements. If the base is too thick to fit the socket it's easy to break off the wires internally and end up with a short. These I bought from V-LED's years ago (2011) and they were a super-tight fit, and immediate smoke show -

You must be registered for see images attach

Not slamming V-LED's; I've got hundreds of dollars worth of their other stuff and it's held up great. Just the bases on these #921 replacements were too thick to fit the CHMSL socket.

Richard

Seconding this. I had a very similar experience with mine, except my truck didn't let the magic smoke out for some reason. It would just blow a 20A fuse in the box every time the bulbs were supposed to be lit. I ended up just going with a smoked full LED replacement housing. My bulbs that caused issues came from SuperBrightLEDs and had totally different bases. I'm willing to bet that a lot of them will do this.