Third brake light bulbs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bad for third brake light base has wires on both sides for +ve -ve same side

You must be registered for see images attach

Take a second to look at it

You must be registered for see images attach

Ok now this one is the one that is good for third brake light
Strictly Third brake light subject at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bull
The plastic 194 bases are all the same the placement of the wires coming out is what's different

You know how the original bulbs have one wire on each side. Buy the ones like that like in my ebay picture it's legit.

The leds u don't wanna buy are the ones that have all four sides covered with wire that's the melting ones.

Believe what you want, I'm telling you from experience even the single wire bases don't work for everyone. All 194 LED bases are NOT created equal. I tried the dual wire bases, single wire bases, and the bases with traces soldered into them with NO wires. They all shorted in the 3rd brake sockets. Maybe they worked for you and you got lucky, but don't expect them to work for anyone else.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What did mine in from V-LED's is that they physically didn't fit worth a damn in the socket; way too tight. The leads broke off inside the bulb and shorted.

Richard

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What would be a good aftermarket led housing then?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Believe what you want, I'm telling you from experience even the single wire bases don't work for everyone. All 194 LED bases are NOT created equal. I tried the dual wire bases, single wire bases, and the bases with traces soldered into them with NO wires. They all shorted in the 3rd brake sockets. Maybe they worked for you and you got lucky, but don't expect them to work for anyone else.

Which ones do u have anyways lol

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Which ones do u have anyways lol

Sorry, must have missed this. Are you asking what bulbs I use in there now? Like I said, none of them worked. I tried three or four different types of bases and nothing did the trick. Went back to standard bulbs, and about a week later my factory lens started cracking so I went ahead and ordered the Anzo housing I linked up above.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My bad my post never posted

But anyways I was thinking
Since it doesn't work for yours

I had bent a clip on my cargo light and went to a junkyard to get a whole nother plastic bracket and the one I got was a yellow clay color and it was nt compatible with my truck

My truck has a black third brake light bracket

Was thinking maybe that might be a coincidence??